Monday, September 20, 2010

Quest

So... I went running today for the first time in many, many months :-P I am really motivated to lose some weight and get healthier... and have already made some good progress with just diet changes only (lost 13 lbs!), but I need to start exercising in just to really kick myself in gear. I can't stand being so out of shape anymore... I want to be able to run Cedar through a whole agility course without huffing and puffing. Plus, I'm not happy with how I look and it affects too many areas of my life and self-esteem. This is my attempt to change that.

I'm following the Couch To 5k (C25k) program to kind of ease myself back into running. This program promises to get you in good enough shape to complete a 5k race in nine weeks. Here's a link to the website: C25k. So far, I really like it. I was pleased to find that I am not in as bad of shape as I thought after accidentally doing the week 2 workout by mistake (haha). It was challenging, but not impossible... and kinda fun! It was pretty cool being outside early in the morning with Moss. He had fun, too :) Plus, I felt (and still feel) great afterwards and have a lot more energy than usual. I am motivated to stick with it this time... I'm notorious about giving up on exercise and I don't want that to happen again. That's just the easy way out :)

No pain, no gain, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome about the couch to 5k program, I know several people that had great success with that. Me on the other hand - im sooo out of shape. I actually had my best jog with the dogs yesterday and went the furthest I have ever have gone - they would love if I would run them all the time lol.

    Good luck and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I hope it goes well for you. If you keep it it, it will even be fun eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails