Friday, September 10, 2010

It's The Simple Things...

...in life that make us happiest.

Take Cedar, for example. She loves to ride in the car. The car makes her happy.



So does hiking.



Hiking makes me happy, too. (And y'all should bee happy for this rare glimpse of me on film, LOL :-P)



This morning, Cedar and I got up pretty early. I've been wanting to go walking in the desert for awhile, so I packed up my camera, threw Cedar in the car, and drove to Camel's Back Park... about 15 minutes from my house. The park is pretty cool, and I've been coming there since I was a kid. The park itself isn't too out-of-the-ordinary, but it's the gateway to some pretty awesome hiking/biking trails in the foothills.

The hill is taller than it looks. Heh heh heh.



Cedar loves going for walks, so she was rarin' to go as soon as I let her out of the car.



"C'mon! Let's Go!"


We wound our way up the side of the hill, going to the right of the big sand path in the middle. I don't know about you, but I wasn't in the mood for a nearly-vertical climb.

See where the path cuts off to the right? That's where we went.


But we didn't get off too easy... we had to get to the top somehow!



Hence, stairs.



Lots of stairs.



Downtown Boise from about midway to the top:


It was hard to get photos of Cedar without her head stuck in a bush.


My attempt to get a decent photo from the top of the sand path. Foiled again, Cedar!


After we got to the top, I didn't see anyone around, so I let Cedar off lead. I am confident that I have good control over her off lead, and wanted to let her explore.

She was more than happy to oblige.



... and sniff more plants.


I managed to get a few cute photos of her along the way.



But she soon grew tired of my shenanagins.

"I'm bored. Let's GO!"


I saw a lot of her butt on this walk.





A few "scenic" (i.e. posed) shots from a little further down the path:




The view in the other direction... mountains in the distance :)


I found a path to the bottom that I had never taken before, so we went for it.





Sometimes, I just look at Cedar and think, "gosh, you are so pretty." This was one of those times.


You may recognize this look from a few pictures ago.


Almost to the bottom...


We made it!




Cedar thanks you for visiting... come back soon!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along :) Cedar is really beautiful. I love to look at her pictures.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Cedar EVER have a bad hair day? Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks amazing, as usual. You must spend hours grooming her!

    (And if you go around the back side, they have an actual off-leash area that Lewis LOVES. Chaucer would love it if I trusted him off leash...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun, I'm jealous I really like me some Camel's Back hiking. BTW your eyes look really pretty in that picture, and of course Cedar looked good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cedar looks gorgeous and what a wonderful place for a walk, or should I say, climb!! All those stairs, whew! Great photos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just making my way through the blog hop! These are beautiful pictures and look like lots of fun!

    I am your newest follower - hope we can be friends!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails