Sunday, August 15, 2010

Progress

Some photos from our agility classes this weekend:



Contrary to what this pic shows, her weaves are still pretty much broken :( But I just ordered some 24" poles so that should help her gain more confidence. We only have 20"ers at home. I guess I should stop saying that she's "broken" when she probably never fully understood the obstacle in the first place. So... it's a work in progress.



She really is doing well on her "turn" command and will confidently switch directions and turn away from me to take another obstacle :)



Thanks to my new exercise regimen, I've lost 10 lbs and have been able to run a lot faster with Cedar recently. That, combined with better timing, is starting to make things a little easier for us. I think my handling is getting a bit smoother, and some things are starting to make more sense. It's really neat to see AND feel us getting better as a team. Cedar is more responsive (in general) and listens very well. She's lightning fast and never drops bars. She cues off my body language so well, sometimes it's like she reads my mind. I know that we are just beginning, but in my newbie opinion, I think we could really go places someday. That is a great feeling.

You guys are probably getting sick of hearing it, but I love this dog :)



5 comments:

  1. Agility looks like so much fun, I love to watch it at some of the dog shows and on TV, I have always wanted to try it but I think the newfs would look at me like I was crazy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Courtney (in the previous post)

    Cedar looks like she's having so much fun in agility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to be an agility dog! We are your newest followers and found you on the pets blogroll.
    Your new friends at
    http://www.lifewith5dogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been considering agility when Sage gets older and love your blog. I found it on Dog Bloggers Facebook group. Sage can be found at http://sagechronicles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you an award! Stop by and grab it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails