Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weaving In The Rain

This weekend was full of agility. I had a private lesson w/ Mary yesterday, and then went to open practice this morning. Yesterday, I wanted to work on distance and weaves stuff in preparation for the NADAC trial in a few weeks. We did a lot of little skill-building exercises that were really helpful. Cedar is in heat right now, so her brain isn't all there, but she really did well, considering. She's really coming into her own, that girl! She did some awesome distance work for me. I think we're starting to trust each other on course, which is nice.

I also worked a bit on the teeter, just because she's a bit unsure about it and I don't have one at home... so I take any chance I get to work on it. She was awesome. I'm hoping her teeter fears will soon be a thing of the past.





The one thing we're still having trouble with consistently is the weave poles. Cedar understands how to do them, and she likes them, but not as much as running really fast. The weaves take too much time... and she's a girl on the run, ya know? ;) So... needless to say, we still need to perfect that skill. Everyone I've talked to says it takes awhile to get super reliable weaves, so I'm not too worried, I guess :) It'll be nice having three months w/o trials after the NADAC trial in November to work on stuff before starting back up next February. I'd like to have solid teeter and weave pole performance before starting AKC trials.



I just KNOW we're going to be awesome someday :)



Today at practice, being Halloween and all, Mary had a costume contest for everyone that was there. Almost every dog had a costume. This year, Cedar was a cow.


She didn't win the contest, but she sure looked cute! I don't think Cedar was terribly impressed, though ;)

5 comments:

  1. Cedar you look very cute as a Cow! We sure hope you got some yummy Halloween Treats.
    Happy Halloween.
    Your Friends
    Geisha,Grover,Lily,Bailey,Wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was good practice today, but rainy and Cedar is a funny Moo cow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love Cedar's Moo costume!

    She looks so good coming off of the teeter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedar made a great cow!!! Wow im so impressed with the teeter - Fred would pee on himself if I made him put even one paw on that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moo moo Cedar! You look great!

    What a hardworking doggy you're! Practice makes perfect, and you're definitely going to be awesome someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails