Saturday, December 11, 2010

Recipe: Chicken Caesar Pasta with Mushrooms and Broccoli

Again, I apologize for not posting much lately. I know I haven't been that interesting. Fortunately, finals are almost over and I'll have a month or so where I can breathe again.



While I haven't been doing much with the dogs lately, due to the snow, I have been doing a lot of cooking. I've had an idea bouncing around my head for a few weeks now for a dish that is kind of a deconstructed version of one of my favorite things: chicken caesar salad. I thought it would be delicious converted to a pasta dish with a warm, cheesy caesar cream sauce.



Last night, I decided to make it, and it was delicious! I would totally recommend it... with one warning. Make sure to use a very high quality caesar dressing, or make your own. This would not have been nearly as good, or complex in flavor, with a cheaper/lower quality dressing. I used Brianna's Homestyle Asiago Caeasar, which I bought at my local grocery store. The following recipe is good for two-three (generous) helpings.



What You'll Need:

7 oz (1/2 box) rotini pasta (or penne)
2 chicken breasts, sliced (or one large)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1/3 cup good quality caesar dressing
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 dash thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste

How To Make It:

1) Slice the chicken, place in a large plastic bag with caesar dressing, garlic salt, and a bit of pepper. Set aside to marinate until other ingredients are ready.

2) Set some water on to boil for the pasta. Splash some olive oil in a separate pan and heat to medium. Add the garlic, and sautee until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.

3) Add the chicken, cooking until done, about 10 minutes or so, depending on thickness. Remove to a separate plate.

4) Add the broccoli and mushrooms to the pan, adding a little butter the olive oil and chicken juices, if needed. Season with a little salt and pepper, and sautee veggies until almost tender, about 5-8 minutes. Remove veggies to a separate plate (can go with chicken, if needed).

5) Reduce heat to medium-low. Add in cream and caesar dressing, stir to combine. Heat until just starting to simmer, then reduce heat and add parmesan and thyme. Stir until melted.

6) Add chicken and veggies back into sauce, stir to combine and heat. Serve over bed of rotini pasta with extra parmesan sprinkled over the top.

Enjoy! This would be great with asparagus or green beans, too. Some bread and a side salad would compliment this dish well.



5 comments:

  1. Looks super delicious, minus the mushrooms of course :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum!!! Now we're hungry. This looks delish :)

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    PS We like snow too, so what time is dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! It's fun to come up with something new--I like the idea of using bottled caesar dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had me "with food" lol! Like "you had me at hello!!"
    When I see food on a blog it doesn't bore me ONE bit!!!
    I found you on the Blog Hop and when I saw that delicious looking dish I HAD TO FOLLOW!!!
    Pleased to meet you and that dish looks delicious!!!

    Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chicken Caesar Pasta with Mushrooms and Broccoli looks super duper delicious!!!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love foods and recipes, oh, I collect recipes and love to try them whenever I can. This dish will be on the table soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails