Tuesday, May 1, 2012

BARC Spring NADAC Trial-- 4/27-4/29/12

WOW.

What a weekend.

I almost don't even know where to start :)

Last weekend, we attended BARC's spring NADAC trial in Caldwell, ID. I had been kind of dragging my feet about going to this trial for some reason. Guess I didn't feel too inspired or something. But dang, am I glad we went!

Cedar and I ended up qualifing in 13 out of 17 runs. This is the most consistent we've ever been at any trial--ever! On top of that awesome Q rate, we also earned all first places and finished FOUR titles: EJC (elite jumpers), OAC (open regular), TG-N (novice touch n go), and TN-N (novice tunnelers). I don't know if we are just getting better, or if I just had more confidence in my handling, but something was just clicking this weekend. It felt great. Cedar's name is now BonniDune Norwegian Wood RN STDs OA OAJ OF OAC EJC HP-N NCC TG-N TN-N :D



On Friday, we qualified in our first run, Elite Jumpers, to finish our EJC title. It was kind of a messy run on my part, but Cedar held it together and saved my butt. This was a trend that continued with several other runs this weekend, LOL. She is really showing me some great things in trials this year. She's matured a LOT and is turning into an even more amazing dog than I already knew she was. On the first day, we Q'd in 5/6 runs, finishing our EJC and OAC titles. We narrowly missed going 6/6.... and it was totally my fault. I messed us up in Chances... AFTER we nailed a really difficult send! Ugh! Oh well, such is life ;)

Our first day's loot:


Ribbons for our OAC title :P


Normally, Cedezz and I do really well one day of a trial, and do okay the rest of the weekend (but don't Q as much). Well... we broke the tradition this weekend, going 4 for 5 on Saturday and finishing our Novice Touch N Go title (TG-N)!!! Cedar won both rounds of Elite Jumpers, the second round of Elite Regular (our first day in that class), and the first round of Touch N Go for her title. Because it was late, and we had finished our title already, I decided to scratch the second round of TNG and go home. I thought it would be better to get some rest :P

Plus, Ember needed to get out and burn off some steam ;) She got to play with her "uncle," Nick... my friend Mary's GIANT Belgian Sheepdog puppy. He is 13 months old and about 26.5" tall... but is a gentle giant. They had great fun romping around Mary's yard :)






My happy girl <3 She is just under 18" at the withers and 22 lbs at 5 months old. Any guesses on how big she'll be? I'm guessing 19" and about 30 lbs.



By the time Sunday's trial rolled around, I was freakin' exhausted. In spite of my fatigue (and Cedar's.... she was definitely tired LOL), we managed to Q in 4/6 runs and finish our Novice Tunnelers title! In Tunnelers round 2, we ended up having the fastest time out of any team, any level :)

Overall, I feel good about this trial. I feel like we have lots of room for improvement, though. I could be a lot tighter and less sloppy in my handling, that's for sure. And we still need to keep working those weave poles. We have an AKC trial in Spokane, WA next weekend (May 11-13) that I'm really looking forward to. But we have some work to do before then ;)


Oh! Also, my good friend Mary, who owns Moss's brother, Toss, competed in this trial with her Jack Russell Terrier, Kitty. It was her first trial ever, and she did absolutely FANTASTIC, earning 7 Q's out of 12 runs. I was SO proud of them! :)



Anyways.... here are a few videos of my favorite runs from the weekend:

Novice Tunnelers Round 2... new TN-N and fastest time all levels :D



Open Regular Round 2 on Friday.... new OAC title and first place! Love her independent weave poles.



Elite Regular Round 2 on Sunday.... love everything about this til the very very end when I almost messed her up.... but we saved it! haha



Open Chances Round 2 on Sunday... smooth sailing with a 12 second run!



Open Hoopers on Friday... fastest time all levels! (15-some seconds :P)



Yay Cedezz!

This picture makes me smile :)



Don't forget to enter our blog contest HERE! It ends May 6th, so get your captions in!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!

    I don't even know what more to say.

    Just WOW!

    XOXO

    Hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails