Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanks, Chewy.com!

A few weeks ago, I was approached by Chewy.com and asked if I would be interested in a free $50 coupon to their website if I would review my purchase experience on my blog.



Free dog toys and treats? Uh, yes please!

A few facts about Chewy.com:

  • They offer free shipping for all orders over $49!  I most definitely used this perk in my order... my total was $49.16 :P
  • They carry all the big brands of toys (including KONG, Chuckit!, Planet Dog, JW Pet, and more), dog food (including Orijen, Wellness, Taste of the Wild, Royal Canin, and more), and pet health supplies (including Cosequin, K9 Advantix, Frontline, Nupro, and more).
  • They even offer subscription-based ordering if you want/need it! I can see how that would be really useful for purchasing items like dog food, supplements, or medication... things that you need on a consistent and renewing basis. 
  • Through their program, Mr. Chewy To The Rescue, Chewy.com proves their commitment to working with shelters and rescues to provide aid to dogs in need.

Chewy.com sent me my $50 promo-code almost immediately after I enthusiastically emailed them back  agreeing to do the review. Then came the hard part..... trying to decide what to get!   With over 140 brands of toys, treats, grooming supplies, pet health products, and food (for both dogs and cats), this was no short order.

I eventually settled on these products after much deliberation:



















I placed my order on November 14th, and it shipped the same day. I just received my package today (the 21st), and so far, everything looks great!  Ember was very excited when I opened the box. She kept getting in the way of all my pictures ;)

Photobomb.

So far, everything looks awesome! It arrived in great condition, and the box was well packed with lots of paper to keep everything from jostling around.  And the best part? Chewy.com sent me EXTRAS of some of the things I ordered!  For example, I ordered one KONG Ballistic frisbee, and they sent me a pack of three! 

Overall, I would give my online ordering experience from Chewy.com 5/5 stars!  I've broken down my rating criteria below:

Selection
This one is a no brainer. The selection of products on Chewy.com is enormous. With over 140 brands, it was almost overwhelming trying to figure out what I wanted to order. 

Ease of Ordering
Chewy.com uses the normal online-ordering model. When you've decided to purchase an item, you add it to your online "shopping cart" and pay via credit card. It was easy and I encountered no problems with my order. The promo-code they gave me worked fine, too.

Quality of products
I was familiar with many of the brands Chewy.com offers, so I had an idea of what to expect from my order. All my items arrived as described and in perfect condition. They were well packed as well, which I was glad to see, as poorly-packed boxes are a pet peeve of mine. 

Speed of shipping
My items shipped the same day as my order, and arrived in one week. Can't beat that, especially for free shipping! 

Overall Experience
My overall online ordering experience was extremely positive. It was easy to order, my items were shipped promptly, and the people at Chewy.com were very pleasant to deal with. A total win in my book!

Interested in ordering something for yourself?  If you use my referral code, ELEM1388, you'll get 10% off your first order! Plus, they will donate $10 to Best Friends Animal Society. 

Thanks for everything, Chewy.com!





3 comments:

  1. Super cool!! I'll keep them in mind when I'm shopping for my fuzzy creatures. What a cool store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS cool! I like their store - thanks for the recommendation! I'll be ordering from them before Christmas, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review, they seem legit, we seriously got the hook up, go go chewy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails