Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ponies, Pizza and Pics

On Monday, I had the pleasure of photographing one of my favorite horse/rider teams, my good friend The Sprinkler Bandit and her awesome old red man, Cuna. I hadn't "shot" them since May, and it was great to see them in action again... even if it was freezing cold and snowing!

They are completely adorable together, don't you think?


A few more shots from our session:

 










After I had taken enough photos to fill up 95% of my memory card, I put my camera away and grabbed my riding helmet from the car. TSB had another horse to ride before we could go get pizza for lunch (as per tradition), so she had the brilliant idea that I could tool around on Cuna while she rode her. 

Uhm, ermagherd

Yeah, I got to ride the Giant Red Bambi. Ex-racehorse and certified badass. nbd. 


Even though we didn't do anything but walk around (this time! bahahahahahaha), it was still freaking awesome. I didn't want to try much more because my legs were exhausted from running in the agility trial all weekend... plus I was in slippery yoga pants. I figured it was best not to push it. But Cuna was very well behaved for me. Plus, he's freaking huge and gorgeous. His neck looks even longer from up top.  And he is so responsive... not like the school horses I've been riding for the past few months :P. Maybe next time I will remember to bring my breeches and perhaps I'll be brave enough to try a trot or something ;) 

Thanks, TSB for letting me ride him! It was awesome!  









2 comments:

  1. I love the shots you captured of Aimee and Cuna . . . I can't help but smile when I look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! What a gorgeous horse! You took some beautiful photos and then got to ride him too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails