Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Toy Review: Woolie Dog Fleece Tugs

Several weeks ago, Mara the K-9 Knitter from Woolie Dog approached me and asked if I'd be interested in trying out some of her products with my muttley crew and doing a review on my blog.

Uh, DUH, I said yes! In fact, I was flippin' stoked. The sad fact is that I'm kind of a toy whore... or at least a toy hoarder.

My dogs are pretty active, love to play, and are notoriously HARD on their toys, which is perfect for me because I like to buy them :P

But anyways, Mara sent me a couple of her all-natural sheep's wool tug toys, and I've taken the time to really test them out. She sent me a medium sized tug (perfect size for adult Border Collies) and a small sized one (or, as it *should* be called, Ember-sized, hehe). She also sent me a really nice handmade card!

First impressions: these toys are really sturdy, have a nice feel to them, and are sized perfectly for hands and doggie mouths. Plus, the colors are vibrant and cool, which my dogs could give a crap about, but I'm all about aesthetic appeal.

But, of course, the real test was to come. Historically, my dogs aren't terribly picky with toys, but they *can* tear up a grocery-store stuffed animal in under a minute.

I apologize for not having more pictures. I took a bunch, but my laptop is on the fritz and I was not able to access all of them. But I think there are enough here for you to see just how much my dogs loved these toys!

Cedes thought the medium-sized tug was perfect.


Ember attacked the small-sized tug with her characteristic fierce enthusiasm :P




And Moss about pulled my arm out of the socket with his joyful tugging on the medium-sized orange beast!





I give these toys my full endorsement! They have been hanging out around the house for two weeks now, and still look as good as the day I pulled them out of the package.

This is a great product that I would definitely recommend. If you're interested in trying out a Woolie Dog tug of your own, you can buy them from the Woolie Dog Etsy shop, which I'll link to again here. They are reasonably-priced and very high quality!



Thank you SO much, Mara, for the opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. Super!! They are gorgeous. I will look at getting one for my dogs. Maybe they can outlast 'the Toyminator' aka Lewis the Corgi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They dogs really seem to like them and I have to say they seem to be withstanding the test of being ripped apart, which normally happens fairly quickly with the dog show tugs we sometimes get. I also like that they are made out of wool. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails