Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pupdates

I apologize for not writing more consistently... little Ember is sure taking up a lot of my time! :)


She is now 10 1/2 weeks old and is doing AMAZING. She is almost totally housebroken, still sleeps through the night, knows a billion tricks already, and is just a joy to have around.


During her first week or so with me, we worked on targeting things with her nose. Last week, I introduced her to paw targeting. This week, we are working on impulse control, going out to a target, mat work, and verbal commands for behaviors she knows hand signals for. So far, she can do the following on verbals alone: sit, down, spin (turn to the right), twirl (turn to the left), touch (hit my hand with her nose), smack (hit an object that isn't my hand with her nose), stand, and hit it (paw touch).


Behaviors she knows (verbal, hand signal, or both): sit, down, spin, twirl, touch, smack, hit it, wave, shake, bow, stand, go to your mat, push (bump a beach ball with her nose), beg, bow. She also goes to the door when she needs to go outside, will go in her crate on command (and be quiet in it), and walks on a leash. Not bad for a little pup! :)

I've been getting her out more, too. We've been on two major excursions this week, to the hardware store and to Petsmart. She was a total rockstar on both trips, and was very friendly towards new people, taking treats from everyone and being her normal waggy and cute self.


A few more pictures:







I love how sassy she is, too. Keeps life interesting!



Although she is fun to train, she also is down to chill out on the bed or couch with me at the end of the day. What a good girl. Did I mention I love this puppy?

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails