Friday, January 14, 2011

Time Keeps on Slippin'

I just realized that I forgot to blog about agility last weekend. And now it's the next weekend...

Oops :)

Anyways, we did quite a bit of agility over the past two weekends, working through some really complicated courses from this year's AKC Invitational. Overall, Cedar and I did pretty well, even though a lot of the challenges are still over our heads.

However, we have made progress noticeable progress in several areas that is really encouraging. Most importantly, she is gaining speed and confidence in the weave poles. I am now able to send her from more complicated entries, and also move around more while she's in the poles without her popping out. Last weekend, I was even able to get in a front cross after the weaves without her leaving the poles too early. Yay!

Here are a few shots of her awesome new weaves:





We also have been working hard on "barrel racing"... which is modeled exactly like the rodeo event. Here's a video of Dani, our agility instructor's dog, running the barrel pattern:



And here are some pix of Cedar running the same thing. She LOVES it and has gotten very fast :)



2 comments:

  1. I like the weave pics and the barrel racing looks fun I saw a few people doing it at practice when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! We sure hope you keep continuing to visit and we are adding your to our google reader so we will know whenever you have a new post up!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails