Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Grid

So... I apologize for the extreme lack of posts lately. I've been really busy with school, dogs, and family stuff. The new (and hopefully my last, LOL) semester started with a bang last week. I really like my new batch of students, and the class I'm taking (18th Century Lit) promises to be a lot of fun.

I do, however, need to get serious about writing my thesis. Because of all the crap that happened last fall, I didn't get as much done then as I'd hoped. So, for the next month or so, I'm going to need to fall off the grid a bit and focus on completing that project as much as I can. I am not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do, but will try and check in periodically. I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping this up very much so far this year... I know y'all must be getting bored!

This past weekend, Moss and I competed in The Big Freeze sheepdog trial. It was a mixed bag of successes and failures and I'm not through processing the experience yet. We did pretty well in Novice, finishing the course and placing both days. Overall, I think my handling in Novice was good, in spite of my nerves. Nursery was a complete disaster. We didn't get past the outrun, either day. Oh well... guess I know what we need to work on for the next trial.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday's very foggy Novice run!





4 comments:

  1. brrr looks like it was chilly

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moss looks like he was doing great! Good luck on writing your thesis. I know how important that is--you'll return to the blogging world as soon as you can, I'm sure. We'll be waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats that you did well and for the failure part, we always say that we learn it from experience. You're getting there!
    Good luck for your studies and thesis writing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower. Great blog and lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails