Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not a Dog Blog Post

Sorry for not writing much over the past few days. I know it sounds lame, but I just haven't been in the writing mood.

For those who don't know, my dad has been in the hospital again, for the same thing that scared us all a few months ago: pancreatitis. And they still don't know what's causing it. I've always been a daddy's girl and this has--with the risk of sounding really self-absorbed--been really hard on me. This is a picture of me and my dad at my wedding a few years back:


My mom was able to take him home yesterday, but he's still not out of the woods, and is still feeling weak, tired, and generally lousy. To top off the pancreatitis, which is really painful, he also managed to pick up the stomach flu whilst in the hospital. :(

This whole experience has really rattled me. It's the first time, I guess, that I have been faced with the terrifying truth that my parents are mortal. That they won't always be around. I have been a wreck... crying at seemingly-random things and being generally unstably depressed since he went back in the hospital. At least things are looking up... his enzyme levels are almost back to normal. I guess I'm just worried, even though I know he'll be okay.

It's odd... I started off this post wanting to write a typical post about the training I did with Cedar and Moss on Sunday. Blogging is funny that way.

6 comments:

  1. I am sending healing prayers to your Dad. You have no idea how your post touched me. I was always a "Daddy's Girl" too...til I lost him in 2001.

    Your Dad is such a handsome guy...you can tell he is kind and he looks like he has a great sense of humor.

    Don't apologize for your feelings...EVER...everything you are feeling is normal...but it is super important to think positive and send positive thoughts to help your Dad to heal and so that hopefully the doctors can find what is causing his illness.

    You are so pretty and I think you resemble your Dad quite a bit!!

    (((((hugs)))) to you and (((((healing hugs)))) to your Dad.

    Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear your Dad has been ill. I know how you are feeling. My whole life turned upside down when my Mom got cancer (she is fine now!). That was, as you said, the time that I realized my parents would not always be here. I think my Mom survived her cancer much better than I did! I will say a prayer for your Dad, for complete healing.

    The Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through with your Dad, and what your Dad is dealing with, but glad to hear that things may be looking better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear that your daddy has been ill and it happens in the New Year. Our prayers and thoughts will be sent to him and hope he can get well soon.

    It's a beautiful picture of you and your daddy, you are so pretty and your daddy is so handsome. The picture speaks a lot and it shows the love between two of you.

    We wish your dad is okay and have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this and am sorry about your dad too! Hope he is much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this wonderful post!!! LOVE the pictures of the posted. We adopted what we think was a bait dog 5 years ago. After loads of work she is a fabulous dog still bearing her scars.

    Dog Training

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails