Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Introduction of Sorts

Hi there! My name is Ellie and welcome to Cedes of Change!

If you're reading this, I'll assume you found the link from my other blog, Journeys With Cedar and Moss. Or, you know me in person and I told you to come and check it out. Either way, I don't think I really need to introduce myself, the hubby or my dogs in this post. (On a side note: if you want to learn more about us, check out the "about me" section on the link bar). However, this blog will, thankfully, be different than JWCM, which has turned primarily into a training log. Don't worry, I'll still be updating that blog, too--at least for now. I'm hoping to eventually incorporate it here, as part of Cedes of Change.

This blog came about from my desire to to change and improve my life. As a graduate student, my days are generally very full and cluttered. This blog is an attempt to remedy this... through writing. A totally new concept, I know ;).

In just under a year, I will be moving 400 miles away from my friends and family to join my hubby in Washington state, where he currently works. Long story short... He got the job opportunity of a lifetime, but I had just started graduate school. We decided to tough it out; he would move up to WA, and I would stay here in Idaho until graduation. "Only two years" has turned into a tough and lonely stretch of very stressful time. Even though we have less than a year left, the light at the end of the tunnel is bittersweet. Although Joe and I will be able to be together again full time, I will be leaving my hometown and almost everyone that I love. I am hoping that this blog will help me to accept and embrace these challenges.

No bones about it (haha!): a big part of my life revolves around my three dogs, so naturally, a lot of what I write about has to do with them. However, while my other blog is primarily a training log of our adventures in herding and dog sports (agility, obedience, etc), Cedes of Change is focused on my efforts to improve my relationships with my dogs and my attempts to learn more about them and dog behavior in general.

I also love to cook, and plan on posting new recipes (for both humans and dogs) on here fairly often. This is for my benefit as much as others; my memory isn't the greatest!

Oh yeah, I like to take pictures, too.



Thanks for reading!

E

2 comments:

  1. It looks like I picked the perfect time to find you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment! I am a big fan of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails