Saturday, July 17, 2010

Guilt-Induced Exercise

I woke up early this morning and went to agility class w/ Cedar. The class is from 9-11 AM, and it takes about 30-40 minutes to get there, so I have to get up pretty early for a summer vacationing lazybones like me. Cedar did awesome at class; she impressed everyone with her speed, excellent weaves, and vastly-improved 2 on/2 off contacts on the dog walk :). I was very proud of her and we had a blast.

After I got home, I felt guilty for neglecting Moss. He kept laying his head on my leg, sighing, and looking at me with chocolaty-brown eyes filled with sorrow. So I decided to take him on a walk. An hour and a half, and about five miles later, we were finally home. I took him on our town's "greenbelt"; a paved path that follows the river. I even let him play in the water a few times ;). He especially loved when I let him off lead and threw sticks into the river to fetch. What a good boy he is. I haven't spend a lot of time with just Moss lately, and it was nice to be able to get out and bond with him. I know he appreciated it. In a multi-dog family, I think it's really important to not only spend time with the "pack" as a whole, but with each dog separately.

This photo was an accident, but I kinda like it ;) It's an extreme close-up of Moss, post-walk.



And then Scully (for once) wanted her picture taken, so I snapped one of her.



Unfortunately, Cedar wasn't feeling photogenic.

Catch y'all later!

E

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun walk, we should try it out this weekend. I cant wait to have Scully up in Richland with me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails