Sunday, November 27, 2011

Working Pictures

I had the opportunity of going out three times over this past week to work Moss on sheep. The Walla Walla area is amazingly beautiful and there are lots of big fields to work in. Moss worked amazingly well for only having sporadic herding training since the spring. I am learning to trust him more and making an effort to give him the space to figure out how to be "right." I am so impressed by him :)

Here are some of my favorite photos that I took over the last few days:

(The first four are of Moss's brother, Toss)







Aaaannnnd the Moss Man :)











Today, Moss got the opportunity to herd cattle for the first time. What a kick! (no pun intended, haha). He wasn't sure what to think, and actually barked at them! I would like to try it again sometime with him, though :-P ...



Here is a video of my friend working Moss on sheep on Wednesday. This was his first time on sheep in almost three months, and I figured it would be a good idea for him to be worked by someone who knew what the heck they were doing the first time, LOL. Pretty good, eh? ;)



I have some video of me working him on Friday that I need to edit. Look for it to be posted soon!

Tomorrow, I am going back to the "real world" to finish up my last two weeks of school. If everything goes as planned, on December 9th I will, at long last, have my Master's degree! Wahoo!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails