Friday, October 7, 2011

Moss vs. the Flappy Floatie

For my first toy review, I thought I'd take a look at Moss's latest victim, the Flappy Floatie, a toy that--in spite of being designated as "not for aggressive chewers--actually lasted quite a long time.


I bought this toy originally (the large size, I believe) at TJ Maxx because I was looking for a toy that Moss could use for dock diving. Our foray into that event was short, but the toy was a hit. We took it with us to the river for a good part of the summer, and into the fall. It floated well, was easily visible to both us and to the dogs, and was the perfect size.


Unfortunately, the Flappy Floatie met an unfortunate end a few weeks ago, sustaining a fatal ripping injury to the main part of the toy. But, I liked it so much that I went out and bought a new one, but in a bigger size this time. It was a good toy for occasional games of fetch, but I know it would not survive regular rotation as a "house toy." But... it worked very well for the purpose for which I bought it.


So, all in all, I give this toy a positive review. Here's my breakdown:

Durability -- 3
Interest -- 4
Visual Appeal --4
Fun --5
Value --5

In an ideal world, I would like a similarly designed toy but using tougher fabric. I am not sure whether this would compromise the "floatability" factor, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails