Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Been Awhile

I'm sorry for being so lax with posting on the blog this year. School and life have really gotten in the way of blogging fun!

In school news, I only have seven more weeks left until I'm DONE. I really truly cannot wait. I'm definitely ready to move on to the next phase of my life! My classes are going well, and are both pretty interesting... but I am just ready to be done with school. I've been here long enough :)

In dog news, Cedes and I had a trial last weekend, our local AKC club's fall trial, which is held in conjunction with their fall dog shows/obedience and rally trials. I entered Cedar in both rally and agility. She finished her Rally Novice (RN) title on Thursday with a score of 95 and 2nd place :) So... Cedar earned her RN in three straight trials with scores of 92, 100 and 95. Not bad for her first experience with obedience!

The agility trial was a lot of fun. I tried really hard to keep a positive attitude and stay relaxed, and it worked. I was a lot less stressed this weekend, even though we maintained our tradition of only Q'ing twice a weekend in AKC ;).



But in good news, Cedar finished her OA title on Friday with a blazing fast run and a first place! We are now in Excellent in Standard and FAST. Still waiting on those Open Jumpers Q's, though... ugh. We had some great runs this weekend, even those that we didn't Q. She did her weave poles perfectly in all but one run, which I was very proud of!

Here is a video of one of my favorite runs of the weekend, even though it was an NQ:





I was really pleased with all the stuff we did well last weekend. Cedar and I were, for the most part, on the same page and didn't have any WTF moments, except for the one run where she messed up her weave poles. She just gets in that "omgomgimustgofast" mindset sometimes and can't weave; it's hard to get her out of it when she's like that. But she was a good girl overall this weekend. We ended up with Q's in standard and time 2 beat. We would have Q'd both runs on Sunday (Exc Std and Open Jumpers), but she dropped a bar in both. That was a bummer, but she ran really well in both runs and we finished the weekend with smiles on our faces.

This weekend I had my usual class on Saturday-practice on Sunday schedule. We ran a course from Cynosport this year, I believe. Cedar was fantastic. Today, my friend Jan brought her camera and snapped some pictures of us (and the other dogs, too LOL). Here are some of my favorites:

















Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Congrats on the new title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures, sounds like a very rewarding weekend, I think the heat was a big factor at the Bentucky trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to read your blog and it's like a whole new language to me!

    Great pictures, those I can follow at least.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails