Friday, August 19, 2011

Step By Step

ooooh babyyy, gonna get to you weeeeeeeeeeeave poles....

*cough*

Okay, so maybe agility and NKOTB don't exactly go together. But I couldn't think of any other title for this post. LOL.

But anyways.... here's a short video of Cedar weaving tonight. I'm posting it, as short and otherwise unremarkable as it is, because it shows the kind of weaver she is turning into. In short, our hard work is really paying off. See the single stepping and the sustained (but not frantic) drive from the beginning to the end of the obstacle?

Here's the video:



Yeah, that's the money, baby. We're totally making the weave poles our bitch.

We've done a lot of work on weaving over the past month or so. A lot of proofing, training entries, etc. I expected that she would get better at weaving with distractions and at finding more difficult entries, but what I didn't expect was the change in her focus and footwork. She has always been a bit of a frantic, not-thinking weaver. The transition from running to weaving has always been difficult for her. But I think she's starting to see the weave poles as a separate and complete obstacle, something to be tackled in its entirety. She is growing up and learning to manage her excitement better. Good girl, Cedes :)

1 comment:

  1. She is so incredibly fast. I don't think I could do it that fast if I tried.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails