Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tick tock....

The NADAC trial is looming closer on the horizon and I still don't feel as nervous as I probably should. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few days, but mainly, right now, I'm just really excited. :)

We had class this morning, and it went pretty well. We ran an AKC Excellent-level Standard course. Overall, Cedar did awesome... she nailed her contacts and weaves, and totally rocked the distance challenge we worked in for training purposes. From the table, I had to sent her out away from me to the chute, and then direct her through a sequence of jumps from about 20 ft away, while I was on the other side of the dog walk. Quite the challenge for a baby dog!

Her teeter was good (except for the first time, when she was hell bent on not slowing down and ran full speed up and off it, like the teeter was a launch ramp. Definitely NOT what I had planned! It didn't seem to phase her, though.

The one thing that she didn't do that well is the table. She wasn't wanting to collect herself before jumping onto it, and thus, flew off it a few times. It had just been repainted, but without sand, so it was a lot slicker than she was used to, so that might have contributed to the problem. But she needs to learn that there are all different types of tables out there.

Open practice tomorrow... I'll try and get some video...



2 comments:

  1. Excitement is a good sign for the trial. Glad Cedar and you had a good class and she did well.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails