Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Week and a Half of First Impressions

Ember is 9 weeks old today. I've had her since the 17th, and it's now the 28th. Can you believe I've had her 11 days? I sure can't! :)


I am very impressed with this puppy. She is smart, funny, cute, and a total workaholic already.


I'm totally smitten <3


So far, she's doing well with the other dogs. She and Moss are best buddies, and Scully and Cedar pretty much just ignore her.

Moss has really stepped it up and is being the best babysitter ever. He is probably just happy to have another dog around that wants to play constantly! He is so gentle with her... they roughhouse, but he's always careful not to hurt her. It's very cute.








Here's a video showing what Ember and I have been working on since she came home:



So far, these are the things she can do/stuff we're working on:

Sit
Down
Come
Nose touch to palm
Nose touch to target
Spin (turn to the right)
Twirl (turn to the left)
Paw touch to target
Tip the wobbly/teeter board
Follow my hand/finger when I walk in a figure 8, on both right and left
Front cross foundation
Rear cross foundation
Blind cross foundation
Mary Ellen Barry foundation work on eye contact
Restrained sit (impulse control)
Restrained down (impulse control)

I'm excited to see what her future holds :)

4 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie and a very good dog, she had lots of fun at the park today. She seems to grow by the hour, I don't want her to stop being such a cute puppy but at the same time I am excited to see her grow more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is doing great! What a beautiful little puppy she is. That little face is just precious. Hugs and nose kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable and (apparently) ridiculously smart. Love this puppy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ember is adorable and so smart! Can't believe you have taught her so much already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails