Monday, December 12, 2011

So remember when I said I was getting a new puppy? :-P

Well, I figure it's time to fill in some details :-P

My next puppy (Border Collie... obviously!) will be coming from a working breeder in Utah. I am on the list for a girl puppy.... which is a good thing, because the litter, which was born a little over two weeks ago (November 26th), is all girls!

The sire of the litter is Amanda Milliken's Monty:
Monty had a very successful USBCHA Nursery career and is now running in Open trials. He is currently ranked in the top 10 Open dogs according to USBCHA standings.





Here is his pedigree (his pedigree is identical to Clive's, they have the same sire and their dams are littermates):
http://www.canadianbordercollies.org/pedigrees/Clive4400.pdf

The dam of the litter is Kristin Sittner's Tag:

Tag is a very nice dog who has already begun to distinguish herself in herding and agility. She is currently competing in USBCHA Nursery trials and AKC and USDAA agility.






Pedigree Information:

Tag's dam, Keli's photo and pedigree:




Tag's sire, Tok's photo and pedigree:




If you notice, Keli is a Riggs daughter, which makes her a half sister to Moss. So these puppies will be somewhat related to him, which is cool. I already know I like the lines, and it will be interesting and exciting to see what Monty's genes bring to the mix. Keli is running in Open and has competed at all the big trials in the west as well as the USBCHA finals. These puppies come from really great herding and performance lines. I'm so excited!!!

So... in six weeks, one of these little ladies will be coming home with me:

Scream

Splash

Spec

Split

Smudge


Aren't they adorable? I can't wait to know which one will be mine...

4 comments:

  1. How very exciting! I like Spec. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Smudge for the brown. They're all adorable, though!! Whosawiddlepuppy? :) Whosacutepuppy - YOU ARE! YESH!

    Ahem. Sorry. Super cute pups, and I am excited to watch yours grow up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get yours, I'll take Scream and Spec.

    Unless Scream refers to the puppy's volume. Probably just Spec.

    Anyways, they are so flipping adorable. Puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Split and Smudge. Heck, I love 'em all! I wonder who we'll get to watch grow up?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails