Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wild Thing... I Think You Move Me

Wow... I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote a new post! I've been just a little bit busy with life over these past few weeks... an inter-state move tends to do that to a person!



I've been in Kennewick since Sunday afternoon, and still feel very disoriented and out of place. I am also still adjusting to the time change, so I'm tired a lot, too. All of our stuff was moved in on Monday, and I'm slowly getting things unpacked. The kitchen, office, and living room are mostly done...the bedroom and other living room still have a ways to go. I will get some pictures of the house to show y'all after everything gets unpacked. Right now I'm just trying to get everything sorted out with the house, try not to feel homesick for Boise, make sure the dogs get settled in, and adjust to living with another person again. No small feat for someone who doesn't like change. Hah! ;)

Last week was a week of goodbyes. I moved out of my house once the movers came and packed up everything, and stayed with my parents for a few days. It was good getting to see them a lot before I left.

I also said goodbye to my agility friends, which was really hard. I was able to get out and practice three times last week, in spite of all the craziness. On Saturday, we all went out to dinner. Everyone gave me cards, and I even got a few gifts. I was really touched. I will miss all my agility friends and hope to drive back to Boise often to visit and practice. And, of course, I'll still get to see them at trials so it's not like I'm leaving them forever (at least that's what I tell myself ;)

I've got a lot of really fun things coming up over the next month and a half or so... more about that later. I have to get back to unpacking!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your move! Your photo above is just perfect.

    I know how hard moving out of state is. I moved from Ohio to Michigan in 2001 and only knew one person here.

    It was the hardest and most brave thing I have ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot. Moving can be disoreinting, but it also provides you with great new opportunities.

    Have patience and be open to all that it offers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails