Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Rally-ing We Will Go :)

This weekend is the Columbia Basin Dog Training Club & Richland Kennel Club dog shows. These are small-ish shows, outside in a really pretty park by the river. I thought it would be a great show for Cedar's debut in Rally, and I was right! Yesterday, she scored a 92, which was good enough for 3rd place in a big Novice B class. She was distracted for about the first half of our run, sniffing and staring at Joe and the judge, but once she settled in and focused, she was perfect. Here she is posing with her rosette:


Today, she was ON. She had great focus, and we had a snappy, clean, and pretty run. We were totally connected and she gave me her best. I love when she's like this... makes training fun :) To my surprise, we got a PERFECT SCORE of 100, which was good for FIRST place :D Apparently this was the first time the judge had ever given a 100. I was so proud of her. We're entered in another rally trial in a couple weeks, so hopefully we'll finish our title there :)


This weekend was a lot of fun, not very stressful, and good for confidence and team building, which is what I hoped for :) Rally really is a great program for that. Good girl, Cedes!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails