Thursday, December 27, 2012

2013 Goals

I just love the promise that an impending new year brings, don't you?  In that spirit, here are my goals for 2013: 

First, what I learned in 2012: I learned that I am both stronger and weaker than I thought. I learned that I am a better dog trainer than I ever thought I could be, but that I need to work more on my mental game. I learned that Cedar is capable of being a team player, and that it can be fun and not stressful to run her. I learned that it is possible to have TWO heart dogs, and I've never felt so lucky. I learned how to be flexible and innovative in my dog training.  I learned that letting go of something you love a whole lot can be both heart-wrenchingly painful and a total relief... simultaneously. 

Most importantly, I learned that I need to make myself a priority. That was my biggest, most difficult revelation of the year. 



Now.... what I want to accomplish in 2013: 

Me:
  • Notice that I put me at the top of the list. This in itself is a goal. My biggest goal for 2013 is to focus more on myself.
  • Lose enough weight to feel better about myself
  • Continue to work on my speed and endurance
  • Complete at least two more 5k races, beating my personal best each time.
  • Complete a 10k
  • Finish my romance novel
  • Get a solid, easy, but polished hair/makeup routine together
  • Super awesome “dream” goals: Lose 65 lbs and get to my far-off “holy shit” goal weight.  Run a half marathon. Get published :P

Cedar:
  • Continue proofing weave poles
  • Get her into a regular schedule for chiropractic care
  • Finish her Excellent titles in AKC
  • Finish her Masters (Excellent B) titles in AKC
  • Finish Elite titles in all NADAC classes
  • Finish her Rally Advanced title, and maybe Rally Excellent
  • Super awesome “dream” goals: Finish her NATCH, and/or qualify for AKC Agility Nationals.

Ember:
  • Train, proof, and become proficient at doing *independent* 12 weave poles in a variety of locations, at different speeds, points of entry, and with me in many different positions in relation to the poles.
  • Train, proof, and become proficient with all contact equipment, in a variety of locations, at different speeds, points of entry, and with me in many different positions in relation to the obstacles.
  • Start competing in AKC and NADAC agility trials
  • Finish RN (Rally Novice) title
  • Super awesome “dream” goals: finish an Excellent/Elite title in either AKC or NADAC. Finish a CD title.
Overall goal for the next year: continue to get healthy, and focus on relaxing and having lots of stress-free fun with my two best collie dogs!

I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be amazing. 



6 comments:

  1. What great goals. You have inspired me to reach for more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals! I just might have to post some goals for me and my pups. I feel like writing things down holds me more accountable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great looking dogs. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello today. And I love the goals you have set for yourself, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!
    I like that you put YOU at the top as well. Something I guess I should work on. I need to eat less sugar! Or how about none. I am addicted.
    Your collie dogs are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals. The best way to get where you want to go is to know where that is. Thanks for stopping by my blog with the blog hop today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails